How to Start a Blog like a Professional in 2021. Blogging is the glamorous way of writing a blog post in 2020. A blog (shortening of “weblog”). 20,000 B.C.
How to Start a Blog (Like a Pro) The Smoothest Guide for 2020 & 2021
A blog is a short-term of the weblog, which is an informational website or online journal displaying the latest content first. It is an online platform for individuals or groups of different fields to share their views on the subject. The only mistake was insufficient guidance on how to start blogging and make money before the end of December 2021.
When starting a blog in 2020, the first thing to understand is that blogging is not a technique of getting rich quick, whether it’s a professional business blog or a hobby blog. This article is a complete guide on how to start a blog & make money.
Step 1: Find a domain name for your blog
Before proceeding to find and buy the right domain, I must clarify one assumption I am making in this post: I suppose you are starting your blog on a blog platform that will have and will run its own (your web hosting company).
Domain Name = www.YourBlogAddress.com
OK, everyone who keeps reading creates their blog in 2020. There are a few things you’ll need to record when setting up your blog, so it’s good to see how they all connect before going too deep.
- 1) FIRST – The Domain name: This is the website URL. www.yourname.com You will need to buy your domain.
- 2) SECOND – The Domain Registrar: This is the company that you will use to buy your domain and keep it for yourself. They don’t actually host your site or anything, just store your domain and drive web traffic to your site, which will be on your host. Connecting a domain to your hosting company. Advanced Step (REQUIRED)
- 3) THIRD – The Web Hosting: This is the company that hosts your site or blog. Most hosting companies can also register domains. (EASIEST STEP)
- 4) FOURTH – The tool for building your website: Few websites are currently created manually using raw HTML and CSS. Almost all are built with one tool. The tool handles a lot of hard work and makes it easy to create a website, especially if you have no idea how to code. This is how you will set up your site and post your blog posts. For blogs, these tools are called content management systems (CMS) and the only real option is WordPress. After you install WordPress on your web host, you can start building your blog.
To recap, start blogging 2021 and build your brand, you’ll buy a domain using a domain registrar or register a domain at your new web hosting provider, then install WordPress on your host, and start building your blog.
Almost all are built with one tool. The tool handles a lot of hard work and makes it easy to create a website, especially if you have no idea how to code. This is how you will set up your site and post your blog posts. For blogs, these tools are called content management systems and the ONLY REAL option is WordPress.
After you install WordPress on your web host, you can start building your site. Due to WordPress’s popularity, most web hosting offer one-click installation for WordPress. It is super lazy.
⦁ Select a short domain, less than 16 characters.
⦁ Use a well-known TLD (top-level domain) like .com, .co, or .net.
⦁ Avoid purchasing a name for a domain that has hyphens because spammers are often associated with such domains.
Step 2: Choose a Hosting Provider for Your Blog
Every site needs a web host. This is the company that stores your site on its servers and makes it available to anyone who visits it. We have reviewed all major hosts of WordPress sites (the best blogging tool) and have gathered our best and sexiest recommendations here. MyKinsta – A dashboard that’s better than the competition
Pick Your Hosting Site
The NO. 1 easiest way to choose a web hosting… A2 Hosting and Fastcomet are a few reliable options that provide the source for domains. These companies offer different package plans so pick the one that ensures the up-time and service-level guarantee and is budget-friendly.
Option 1 WordPress Host for Beginners = Hostwinds
For your first blog, you want a popular, reliable, easy-to-use, reliable and reasonably priced web host. No need for anything sophisticated. Hostwinds adapts perfectly to this need. The best part is that your plans start at $ 5.64 / month. This is a bargain considering the number of positive reviews you receive. For the vast majority of bloggers, Hostwinds will be the best bet for hosting your first blog.
Option 2 Best WordPress Host for Advanced Bloggers = Kinsta
In our recent work, we have managed blogs with hundreds of thousands or millions of visitors per month. They had thousands of posts about them. We always use Kinsta for sites of this size. Kinsta comes with many additional hosting features for security and scalability.
For this site, you need to do a lot more maintenance to keep the site in good condition. Kinsta handles all of this for you. Its support staff is also world-class. They do a good job. But there is a major disadvantage: it is more expensive.
Step 3: Install WordPress How to Start a Blog from Zero in 2020
You will need a content management system (CMS) to build your site and manage your blog posts. There is only one option for this: WordPress. Seriously, it’s not even a decision. Use WordPress Years ago, there were some competitors for WordPress, such as Joomla, Typepad, or Blogger. No one else uses them. This will sound a bit bad, but
Every time I hear someone using one of those old WordPress competitors, I laugh. It’s hard to take them seriously. WordPress feeds 35% of all websites. This is how popular. Use WordPress on your blog at the end of the story.
Due to WordPress’s popularity, most web servers offer one-click installation for WordPress. It is super easy.
- Log in to your hosting provider, look for the WordPress installation option, click it, and follow the instructions. This is what you should do if you sign up for SiteGround. And if you decided to use WP Engine, it comes preinstalled, because WP Engine is a WordPress hosting company specifically.
Step 4: Choose a WordPress Themes 2020 for Your Blog
WordPress is the foundation of your website. There is an easy way to change the look of WordPress without coding anything. WordPress uses “themes”, small code packages that can be swapped in and out. Every time you change your theme, your site changes as well. The best part is that the content of your blog does not change.
This greatly facilitates site evolution over time without the need to rebuild the entire site from scratch. For now, you should choose your first WordPress theme. When choosing a theme for any of our blogs, we go directly to Divi.
StudioPress was purchased by WP Engine and WP Engine now includes all StudioPress themes as part of its hosting package. This is a good promotional gift if you already plan on hosting your site with WP Engine. How to Start a Blog. In our opinion, the higher price is worth it.
If you want a wider selection of WordPress themes at standard prices, ThemeForest is the most popular WordPress theme market. At ThemeForest You will find almost everything you want in your selection.
Step 5 How to Start a Blog 2020: Install Your WordPress Plugins
One of the best parts of WordPress is that it is infinitely customizable. Because it is open-source, you can change it to do whatever you want. WordPress plugins are small batches of software that you can install on WordPress for additional functionality. This is how you add many additional features to your site without having to code anything. How to Start a Blog. Be careful here and try not to overdo it.
Some bloggers install dozens or even hundreds of add-ons on their “how to start a blog“. This can cause many problems later. Add-ons can not only cause unexpected conflicts with each other but also become a security liability, as each add-on owner is unlikely to maintain the add-on over time. They also become a big headache to deal with how to start a blog business.
I like to keep my accessories limited to 7 to 17 amazing accessories. Here are some of my favorites:
- Akismet : Required for each blog, automatically filters a ton of comment spam, which is a problem for every blogger. This is one of the few add-ons that I happily paid to upgrade.
- Yoast SEO : The most recommended SEO plugin, handles many SEO tasks automatically and also greatly facilitates SEO tasks on the page.
- Contact Form 7 : The most popular contact form that exists. Set up a contact page on your site and use this add-on to create a contact form that will email you each time someone completes the form. Very easy.
- WP Super Cache : A good addition to speed up your site.
- MailChimp for WordPress : More about this below. It’s the easiest way to connect your WordPress site to a MailChimp account, create an email registration form, and start collecting email subscribers.
- Popular WordPress Posts : The easiest way to add a list of the most popular posts to your blog’s sidebar. The list will be updated automatically.
There is an add-on to almost everything you want to do with your WordPress site. Use the add-ons page on your WordPress blog to find what you need. When you find the desired plugin, install it and enable it in WordPress.
How to Start a Blog and Master Tips for 2020 and 2021
(Discover How To Start A Blog Like A CEO in 2020)
Blogging art is not merely formulaic or scientific. One needs to have a deep-seated passion for the subject craft to start a blog on it; otherwise, bloggers might face the tide of frustration and distress.
What is blogging?
Blogging is the way of writing a blog post. You might consider it an online journal or journal, although blogs are used for much more now, such as online journalism. Like most new Internet innovations, many entrepreneurs saw marketing potential with a blog, and blogs started from there. Not only can a blog be used for marketing, but it can also be a home-based business.
Here are steps to follow on how to start blogging successfully:
Think about your interests and come up with a topic or niche you are most interested in and more clearly about. If someone is not sure about his/her interests, then choose a topic that is in demand or has a future scope. To make a blog successful requires laser-focusing on the selected topic means all the writing and digital content should revolve around on that topic.
Blogging is not confined to just a few topics. There is a long list of items one can choose from. Few of them are fitness, health, technology, makeup, business, IT, religion, traveling stories, beauty tips, cooking and baking, art and craft, books, movie or product reviews, fashion, story writing, poetry, photography, sports, DIY, gardening, comics, and many more.
By far, one of the most popular blogging platforms is WordPress, but there are other micro-blogging platform options too that can be influential. These include Blogger.com, Tumbler, Medium, etc. First, go through their features and choose the one which best suits your requirements and is easy to use.
Never choose the blog theme which contradicts the subject. Theme color and font selection also play a significant role in attracting the audience. The visitor’ eyes feel comfortable in reading content from the blog.
Explore more before the final selection of the blog platform and also visit existing blogs to see how their theme is matching with the topic.
The severe bloggers who want to make money off blogging must have a custom domain name. Look for a relevant but short (keyword-rich, if possible) domain name that reflects the blog niche instead of relying on the sub-domain hosted by third-party.
Below are the following suggestions to adhere if concerned about SEO (search engine optimization):
⦁ Select a short domain, less than 15 characters.
⦁ Use a well-known TLD (top-level domain) like .com, .co, or .net.
⦁ Do not use sub-domains that are self-hosted to categorize or rank posts.
⦁ Avoid purchasing a name for a domain that has hyphens because spammers are often associated with such domains.
The #1 best way to choose a web hosting… GoDaddy, A2 Hosting, are a few reliable options that provide the source for domains. These companies offer different package plans so pick the one that ensures the up-time and service-level guarantee and is budget-friendly.
Blogger needs to update their blog with engaging, well-written, insightful, keyword centric, and unique content. Don’t just write for the search engines. Write what people should know or need to know about the intended niche. Because, the content is useless if readers will not read it. After all, they are the ones who are going to make you money off blogging.
So come up with the quality content. The writing skill develops over time with more research and practice.
Many companies might be interested in selling their products as readers can be their potential customers. This can be done by displaying ads in the form of graphics in places such as the sidebar, within the content or where it doesn’t disturb the flow. Go for AdThrive or Mediavine. Turn Your Blogs into a Cash Cow with RevenueHits
Blogging does not make anyone rich overnight. Those who are serious about the long-term results, don’t opt for the fast-bucks tactics. But monetizing the content can create a way to generate some amount from the blog. A common practice is writing articles that will lead readers to digital products created by the blogger itself.
Digital products are beneficial in a way as no inventory is needed for them and can be distributed easily and quickly. Some of the digital products are:
- Online Tutorials: Arrange workshops or online classes on the intended topic, either live or recorded.
- E-Courses: Teach people about your subject and sell it repeatedly.
- E-Books: For many, self-publishing is very profitable. Manage your content and sell it in e-book form.
- Premium Content: One has to pay to get access to some particular topics.
- Photos: Many photographers use online platforms to sell their photos.
- Physical Products: Few physical products that bloggers can sell are:
- Handmade Products: This is a vast domain and offers many options, such as paintings, DIY products, jewelry, etc.
- Books: Blogging made many people a traditionally published author. Even e-books can be published and sold.
Although it is profitable, bloggers usually opt print-on-demand (POD) or drop-shipping to minimize the hassle as a result of producing physical products. Also, remain topical with the content, stay persistent to achieve goals, and to make money in the long-run.
Even after getting a little fame, bloggers get paid when hired by others virtually as well as locally for offering services such as guest speakers, freelancers or virtual assistants or by providing in-person services in cooking, decoration, etc., to local readers.
A small to no inventory is needed for providing such services. In addition to that, it helps to make quick money with little startup costs. The feeling you get when paid for the skill already has is matchless.
Promoting someone else’s services or products related to your blog subject to readers is affiliate marketing. Use a unique affiliate link when marketing products or services. When the reader clicks that link and purchases the product or finish the desired action set by the other company, the blogger earns the commission.
There are hundreds of affiliate programs a blogger can join. A few of them are:
- Amazon Associates: When the reader purchases an Amazon product via the link in the article, the blogger gets paid.
- Ultimate Bundles: There are online companies that sell digital products in bundles at much-discounted prices.
- Amazon Influencer Program: It’s a different program in which Amazon gives sellers their shop. Bloggers can sell their own as well as other company’s items.
So, now it’s time to learn some techniques to promote the blog and bring it on top-searched results as well. Also, how to make it more responsive to users.
Learn SEO ( Search Engine Optimization 2020 )
A blogger must know how to optimize the blog to start the blog successfully.
Start learning about the basics of search engine optimization to be able to rank your blog on top results in search engines such as Google and Bing.
Get to know more about keyword searching tools such as Google Webmaster tool or Keyword Finder. Learning SEO is a drawn-out journey, go through different tutorials, and use various tools to enhance your skill set.
Blogger has to be social to keep on the road of becoming a successful one. Link-up with the other bloggers in accord, affiliate partners, or sponsors because building a relationship has a lot to do with making a successful blog.
Share your content and engage with the public on social networking sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. this will help a lot in gathering traffic towards the blog.
How Blogging Makes Serious Money
So you started a blog because you know it’s an easy way to make money, but you’re not sure how to make money doing it. No matter what group you are in, you can make money from a blog, whether it’s a hobby or a business blog. It’s not a quick test to get rich, but if you do what is right, you can earn enough to support your family and more.
Let’s delve deeper and see how you can profit from your blog.
There are two popular types of ads on how to start a blog for millionaires:
• CPC / PPC Ads: Cost-Per-Click (also called pay-per-click) ads are usually banners you place on your content or sidebar. Every time a reader clicks on the ad, they get paid for that click.
• CPM Ads: CPM Ads, or “Cost Per 1,000 Impressions,” are ads that pay a fixed amount of money based on how many people see your ad.
Perhaps the most popular network for placing this type of ad is Google AdSense. With this program, you don’t have to be in direct contact with advertisers; Just by placing the banner on your site, Google chooses ads relevant to your content and your viewers click on the ads. There are several similar programs available if you find AdSense doesn’t work for you, such as Chitika, Infolinks, and Media.net.
Sell Private Ads
Working with ad networks is not your only option when it comes to selling ads. If you run out of enough traffic, advertisers can come directly to you and request that you place your ad on their site. You can also contact the advertisers. The biggest difference with the option mentioned above is that there are no middlemen, which means you can set your ad rates.
Selling private ads come in the form of banners, buttons, and how to start a blog links. You can even make money by writing sponsored publications in which you write or review an advertiser’s product or service. Another option is to write a subscribed publication or series, where you can write about any subject, but the advertiser pays for the mention “Brought to you by” in the content.
The ways to make money from it may vary. For example, you might charge a one-time fee for a link in a post. If you host ads, you may be charged monthly to your partner.
Include Affiliate Links in Your Content
Affiliate marketing is a great tool for monetizing your blog. This is how affiliate marketing works:
- 1. An advertiser has a product he wants to sell. She agrees to give you a commission for each sale if the buyer comes from your site.
- 2. This provides unique link that tracks your affiliate code. That way, she knows when a buyer used the link to make a purchase.
- 3. You can also include your affiliate link on your site. You can do this directly in the content or through ads. If a reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product they recommended, they earn a percentage of what they bought.
You can use affiliate marketing through ad networks like Amazon Associates or you can create private partnerships with advertisers and companies with an affiliate program.
Sell Digital Products
If you prefer not to advertise other people’s products on your site, or if you are looking for another source of income, consider selling digital products. How to Start a BLOG like a CEO. This may include items such as:
- Online courses/workshops.
- Pictures, videos, or music that people can use in their content.
- Applications, add-ons or themes.
Keep in mind that if you choose one of these routes, you must make it relevant and useful to your readers. Bloggers do make mistakes that they are developing a product their readers need make sure you listen to your readers first, and now create a digital product that will meet their needs.
Make It As a Content Marketing Tool for Your Business
You can also sell physical products on your blog and make money this way. However, instead of thinking it is about making money from your blog, think of it as a content marketing tool that will draw visitors to your business website.
The possibilities are virtually endless when it comes to developing a business blog. You can sell handcrafted products, books, manufactured goods and more. Or maybe you already have a business and decide to start a blog to convert loyal customers.
Another option to earn money is to sell memberships to exclusive corners of your site. For example, a professional blog may charge $ 10 a month to give users access to their job board. Starting up business blog can sell memberships to their forums, where people get advice about their business. The key here is that your unique membership should be more valuable than something your visitors can find for free elsewhere, so make sure you are developing something of value and worth the price.
How to make money off blogging? Well, it requires planning and preparation to start a blog and even more effort and time to manage that blog. It needs to stay persistent over months and sometimes years to gather an audience and generate a passive income in the long-run.
Use It to Increase Your Credibility
Blogging to build credibility can generate many opportunities to make money. For example, let’s say you start a blog in the financial industry. People will start reading your content and your blog becomes very popular.
Remember, all these tips will not work for every blogger in 2020 but if you want to start blogging and make money then don’t be hesitant in experimenting with these methods to know what works best for your blogging style.
You are now a recognized figure in the financial industry.
Once you have this authority, people can approach you to co-author a book on debt management or charge for speaking at conferences or organizing financial training days for employees.
Certainly, this is not a direct way to make money from blogging, but it has worked for many well-known bloggers and can work for you. If you’re looking for a source of direct income, popular blogs sell for four to seven digits (sometimes more) selling your brand and content.
The most important thing to remember is that you can’t make money from blogging by getting the site up and running. The “if you build it, they will come” mentality doesn’t work here, so make sure you’re willing to spend time.
As you can see, there are many ways to start a website or blog. But many require you to have traffic and an audience that is paying attention to you. With hard work, perseverance, and consistency, you too can start a successful blog.
How to Make Money As a Blogger (A Real Boss Has No Boss) Steps to Success in 2020 and 2021
The answer is Blogging like a PROFESSIONAL! How to Start a Blog and make money before 2021. It requires to work from home and laser-focus on the topic to share creative talents, but then the next question came in mind how to make serious money as a blogger? If someone is looking to enhance the income by creating a blog that will upkeep their lifestyle, then be prepared to put in the efforts to make money in the long-run.
1 The first and most crucial step on how to start a blog is choosing a profitable topic for the blog.
Don’t take this step without planning and proper research. Select the one in which you are most interested in otherwise, there are hundreds of topics out there, and the deep search will help in finding the one that will be highly-demanding in the future.
Also, some niches are virtually unknown and small. Some topics are broad and have much to talk about or work on. Some niche is hard to make money as compared to others. This is the reason that researching before selecting a topic is very important.
After all the research and working on niche selection, now it’s time to start gathering all the elements for launching and monetizing a blog. The first step of this phase is selecting a platform for the blog. There are many good options in the market; some of them are WordPress, Blogger, medium, etc.
3 Choose Your Blog Domain Name
The severe bloggers who want to make money off blogging must have a custom domain name. Look for a relevant but short (keyword-rich, if possible) domain name that reflects the blog niche. Use a well-known TLD (top-level domain) like .com, .co, or .net.
4 Pick The Hosting Site
The no. #1 best way to choose a web hosting companies 2020… GoDaddy, HostGator, A2 Hosting, 1&1 Hosting are a few reliable options that provide the source for domains. These companies offer different package plans so pick the one that ensures the up-time and service-level guarantee and is budget-friendly.
And then comes selecting a website hosting service. Now, that’s another task which requires a little more effort because many companies offer different yearly hosting plans. So choose the pocket-friendly one and meet the blogging requirements. Start with opting for the basic idea, and by the time you will learn what package to opt-in accordance with the blog needs.
After fulfilling all the initial formalities now, your blog is ready to be served. But serve it with excellent quality content for the readers. The reason why content must be of a high standard is that on the Internet, the number of blog posts is published every day in millions.
How to start a blog like CEO. It creates a competitive atmosphere among the bloggers to attract readers’ attention towards their blog post.
When creating content for the blog, remember these things in mind that the posts are in-depth, must look good, entertaining, well-formatted, use relevant images for the posts and expand on the points provide links to the other blog posts.
The quest for how to make money as a blogger is not finished yet. With quality content comes more traffic, and more traffic means making more money. A blogger with a large group of readers makes money quickly. Gathering the audience is the hard part which the blogger needs to work on. How to start a blog and success? Let’s discuss it.
After creating excellent quality content, now is the time to let more people know about the posts by promoting the blog. There are various ways for blog promotion.
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO is now a lot tougher than it used to be and is one of the most elegant forms of increasing organic traffic. Search engine optimization is especially useful for those bloggers who sell products/services.
Some bloggers hire freelancers or other companies providing who provide SEO services, but usually, people learn and do it on their own. The Internet is full of free online tutorials, guides, and workshops on SEO.
- Social Media: Traffic from social media sites has made blog promotion a lot easier. The result depends upon the target audience of a blog. If the blog is designed for the visual audience, then it has more potential traffic from Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
If the target readers are business and professional readers, then, it requires to focus on Google+ and LinkedIn. There are a variety of Plugins for those who use the WordPress platform for blogging. But using many or unnecessary plugins at a time slows down the blog and makes it more vulnerable to attacks. So it’s better to give high priority to the social sharing plugin.
- Paid Advertisement: Another excellent option for those who want to know how to earn money as a blogger is to promote a blog by paying for clicks. With this method, a blogger has the opportunity to pay right away for the clicks and traffic. And if targeting the audience on the right platforms is done well, then with advertising, it becomes easy to build the audience to supplement the organic efforts.
- Build an Email List: Once a fan base is developed, then it becomes necessary to retain them to build a personal brand. Usually, the first time when readers come, they read an article and leave or forget the blog forever, even if they have liked the content.
So to make them your regular visitor, start gathering their email addresses. There are many tools for this service, such as GetResponce or Awebber, and send them emails regarding the new areas covered in the content.
8 Affiliate Marketing
Now essential blog building tools are covered; let’s have an overview of some best ways to start earning by monetizing the blog. Affiliate marketing is a performance-based type of advertising where the business owners reward affiliates for bringing customers to the company through independent advertising efforts of the affiliate.
In affiliate marketing, the merchant, network, customer, and publisher are the four key players.
The world of affiliate marketing has evolved due to its increasing complexity. And now a subset of players is added, which include super-affiliates, affiliate management agencies, and third-party vendors.
Affiliate advertising can be done in conjunction with many online marketing mechanisms.
Some of them are content marketing, pay-per-click (PPC), SEO, display advertising, and email marketing. Affiliates also do product or services review, which is a less traditional marketing method.
Affiliate advertising is often confused with referral marketing. It is the expected case because third-party involvement exists in both modes. Again, there are several online tutorials on affiliate marketing for bloggers who want to earn money from their blogs.
Almost everyone possesses a skill that is needed by the businesses, and offering expertise and time on that skill for them is one of the best ways to make money as a blogger. In terms of profit, services have the highest margin as there is no need to sell a physical product. And income depends on the number of hours a blogger is available for assistance.
- Training and Consultation: One of the highly profitable methods to generate online income is to promote expertise by offering consultancy or training to the businesses. Whether someone is a marketing guru, customer services whiz, or excel master build own profile on the blog.
- Design: Some people are gifted with creating designs, and if they know how to illustrate ideas digitally, then there are a lot of opportunities for them. They can offer their services to other bloggers and businesses. These designing services can include logo designing, Infographics creation, or photo-editing. Bloggers can use their blogs to demonstrate their skills, which results in getting clients.
- Writing: The demand for writers is enormous, as so many businesses run their blogs. Update your blog with creative content to promote your services. Other than writing, a blogger can provide similar services, such as editing and proofreading.
10 Products & Services
Online product selling is a way to scale up online earning. It can be selling physical as well as digital products.
- Physical Products: Selling physical products online has now become easier and cheaper by creating a store online with platforms such as Woo-commerce, Shopify, Etsy, and Wix. But this setup is hard to handle as it requires managing affairs such as distance selling laws and local taxes, storage, and shipping of products. To resolve this headache, find a suitable drop-shipping service, which helps to lessen this burden.
- Digital Products: To avoid the problem that comes with dealing with the storing and shipping of products, then go for selling digital products to make money as a blogger and scale up the business. It can include anything from creating recipes, knitting patterns, to productivity software, and even selling training courses electronically on the blog.
- Membership Sites: Bloggers with an active community who is looking to learn more from their writings create an opportunity to start a paid membership plan for readers. This would require paying a fee to get access to extra or advanced content on particular topics on the blog.
If someone wants to take their hobby blog for pro, they must invest in training, willing to work hard, and stick to it for the long haul. Then wait for a year or more to attract the audience to be able to monetize the blog and make money.
All it requires is taking the right steps and hard work to achieve the goals. But it can take months and sometimes years to achieve those goals and get a significant return on the efforts and time; a blogger invested into starting a blog.